Following processes are taken if you are eligible for Pension Refund in use of our service. If you contact us, we will explaine detailed process and required information. Please do not hesitate to contact us.

  1. If you are before leaving Japan
  2. If you have already left Japan
  3. If you have already left Japan and already applied for pension refund but still not applied for tax refund

1. If you are before leaving Japan

Step 1

Before you leave Japan, Submit an "notification of tax agent" to your relevant tax office (tax office where you filed for alien registration before departure from Japan) and designate us as your tax agent.

Step 2

After Step1 and you left Japan, please claim for the Lump-sum Payments (Pension Refund) with "Claim Form for the Lump-sum Withdrawal Payments ( for National Pension and Employees' Pension Insurance )" to our office (sending address is below)within 2 years after leaving Japan.

HOSHI LABOR CONSULTING #822 Shinkokusai Bldg, 3-4-1Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0005, TOKYO

Please attach following documents with the claim form.

  1. Please attach a photocopy of your passport (page(s) showing your name, date of birth, date of your final departure from Japan, nationality, signature and resident status).
  2. If a "Certified Bank Stamp is not affixed to the claim form, please attach documents which identify the "Bank Name", "Branch Name","Branch Address, "Account Number" and "Holder's Name (must be the claimant himself / herself) (Photocopies of certificates issued by the bank, etc.) In addition, if the payment is to be made to a financial institution based in Japan, the Holder's Name needs to be registered in katakana.
  3. Please attach your pension handbook. (Blue one)

Step 3

You will receive "Notice on Payment of the Lump-sum Withdrawal Payment" with remittance of the Lump-sum Withdrawal Payment. At this point you will have received your refund in your home country's bank account. The next steps are for getting the last 20% that was withheld as tax.

Step 4

Please send the original copy of "Notice on Payment of the Lump-sum Withdrawal Payment" to us and we will make a claim for the tax refund on behalf of the claimant.

Step 5

Government will refund the tax to our business bank account.

Step 6

We will deduct our service fee from the refunded tax and transfer the deducted amount to your account.